- 15 Ways to Prepare Your Boat for the Next Hurricane￼Being a boater, you can’t change the outcome of such predictions but take the necessary steps to prepare for the upcoming season. It is always better to plan for the safety of your boat well in advance when a hurricane is about to strike.
- Why is Raritan Holding Tank Monitor the Best One in the Market?Today, we have become a trusted name in the field of marine products with our principle of delivering the best to our customers. Raritan’s wide range of products includes marine toilets, sanitation devices, holding tanks, accessories, and many more.
- 10 First-Time Boating Tips for New BoatersIf you’re thinking about buying a new boat or already have purchased a new one for the first time, this article is definitely for you. Others renting a boat or tagging along on a friend’s boat will also find this article useful. You will be happy to know that apart from being a fun experience, … Read more
- Marine Elegance – A Perfect Toilet for Your BoatBoating is an amazing experience that improves your health and refreshes your mind. However, while enjoying the sea ride, you must consider hygiene, including the toilet on your boat. If you are searching for a perfect bathroom for your boat, you are at the right place. This article speaks about the ‘Marine Elegance’ from Raritan … Read more
- 5 Reasons to buy a 1700 Series Marine Water Heater by RaritanFounded in 1958, the Raritan Engineering Company Inc. works in the field of marine products. The wide range of marine products includes marine toilets, sanitation devices, holding tanks, sanitation accessories, and many more. The key to the core values at Raritan is nothing but building reliable marine products. Apart from that, you can definitely invest … Read more
- 7 Things to Consider While Buying a BoatAre you planning to buy a boat? Because of some movies and lifestyle magazines, the idea of having a boat has become popular among those who can afford it. It can be a fancy idea for some of them while a dream come true for the rest. Buying a boat is not easy since you … Read more
- Things to Consider While Choosing a Holding Tank for Your BoatWhen you enjoy boating in fresh waters, it’s your responsibility to keep it clean. To avoid direct sewage discharge from your boat, there are specific rules and provisions to follow, depending upon where you are boating. If in waters governed by the United States one must abide by the Clean Water Act. Waste Management Systems, … Read more
- 5 Products from Raritan to Fight the Odor on Your BoatWhether a seafarer or a regular traveler, boat odors are something most have experienced. Boats are natural breeding grounds for mold. The damp, musty odor is quintessential, especially in older boats. Ventilation issues are one of the biggest causes of boat odors and are easy to fix. The stale, damp smell can be reduced by … Read more
- Boating Laws on American WatersIf you are sailing on American waters these are things you need to know! There some important things that you should know if you’re on a boat in U.S. waters. We know some of these things may really surprise you, but you do not have the same Constitutional rights when you are on the waterways … Read more
- SHUT OFF VALVE ENDS MACERATOR REPAIR WOESWorking on a macerator pump is one of the most unpleasant jobs on a boat. With Raritan Engineering’s patented 53101 Macerator Pump with Waste Valve Assembly, this project is fast, clean and easy. Plus, because the system is so reliable, it puts an end to maintenance woes. A key element in the Raritan solution is … Read more
- How Does the Electroscan Waste Treatment Device Work?The Clean Water Act (CWA) is important federal legislation that addresses the pollution in U.S. waters. Sewage discharges coming out of vessels are controlled in parts by using equipment that treats or holds sewage. These are called Marine Sanitation Devices. While this was an unexplored market in the 1970s, Raritan Engineering worked with Diamond Shamrock … Read more
- Introducing our Product of the Month: 1700 Series Marine Water HeaterHow Does the Marine Water Heater Work? The water heater needs a pressurized water system for operation. After the pump draws water from the storage tank, the water gets filled in the tank. A coiled tube known as a heat exchanger, situated inside the heater, acts as the electrical element heating. The heat exchanger starts … Read more
- K.O. KILLS ODORS!“If You Use a Holding Tank – You Need K.O.” – ODOR CONTROL IN HOLDING TANKS It really IS possible to have a completely odor-free system! You’ve probably read or heard, over and over again, that the key to odor control is the “right” hose, that the “wrong” hose permeates with sewage and causes the system to stink. That’s … Read more
- Marine Sanitation Hoses: “What’s That Smell?Marine Sanitation Hoses Marine Sanitation Hose: Odors from a boat’s sanitation system can originate from many sources: Inlet hose and bowl rim: Organic matters from sea water inlet into the toilet can disintegrate and emit rotten egg smell from the flush water. Holding tank gases can find its way into a boats interior either thru the … Read more
- 5 Foolproof Ways of Telling if a Boat is a LemonOne of the worst feelings is the pain of dealing with a boat that is more of a liability than a source of pleasure or a place of leisure. They say that when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade, but wouldn’t it be better if you could steer clear of lemons altogether? Wondering … Read more
- How to Clean Your Boat Ropes EasilyHarmful cleaning methods can often lead to rope failure. Now, this doesn’t mean that you refrain from cleaning your ropes altogether, of course. It just means that you adopt safer and better cleaning practices for your ropes. Don’t worry, it is not as complicated as it sounds! Boat ropes are expensive, so it makes good … Read more